- the investment of more than $15 million in facilities development, construction and improvement since 2008;
- the founding of a comprehensive service learning program in 2009;
- the addition of four-year degree programs in 2010;
- the addition of an urban campus in Los Angeles (San Pedro) in 2011;
- admission into the NAIA Cal Pac Athletic Conference in 2012;
- the anticipated addition of graduate degrees in 2013; and
- the opening of a Northern California campus (Lake County) in 2013.
Marymount College is a Catholic institution that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds into a quality, values-based education. We foster a student-centered approach to learning that promotes the development of the whole person. Inspired by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary, we challenge our students to pursue lives of leadership and service.
Long regarded as an exemplary institution offering a transformative educational experience, Marymount has remained focused on its students during its own transformation. Marymount’s enrollment has doubled in the past three years, and it is envisioned that the University will continue to grow and diversify its enrollments through 2020. Marymount’s five central goals in supporting growth are as follows:
- In the tradition of Catholic higher education, affirm and support a mission of access, personal growth, lifelong learning, service, justice and universal connection.
- Continually enhance the support of student learning and success.
- Develop and implement viable, relevant new degree programs in a multiyear rollout.
- Take fuller advantage of Marymount’s location in California and on the Pacific Rim.
- Integrate sustainability into Marymount’s facilities, workforce, operations, curriculum, and student experience.
For the latest updates, visit www.marymountpv.edu.