November 29, 2011

I am a Mariner!


My name is Jessica Aguilar and I am a Mariner. I am a freshman at Marymount and am currently studying to receive my bachelor's degree in Public Relations. I am a spring 2012 candidate for Phi Theta Kappa, an Honors society at Marymount College. I fully intend on studying for Marymount's London Study Abroad program for Fall 2012; I hope to immerse myself in a different culture and accomplish my desire of becoming a world traveler. One of my favorite spots would definitely have to be the Cafe Bistro balcony. There, I am free to unwind, grab a bite, and behold the breathtaking view of the ocean. With the plethora of opportunities and support Marymount College has to offer, I have not a doubt in my mind that with hard work and positivity, I will succeed. To me, a Mariner is an individual who strives to nourish their mind with the cornucopia of resources our college has to offer, all while positively contributing to the betterment of our close-knit community. This is why I am proud to be a Mariner.

My name is Raquel Zsupnik and I am a Mariner. I am currently studying at Marymount to receive my A.A. and I plan on working towards my bachelors degree with a double major in Broadcast Journalism and Communication Studies. I am currently an active member of the Residents Hall Association at PV North, where I serve as  Community Development Chair. I am also an active member of the Associate Students of Marymount College, where I help represent the voice of my freshman class and strengthen the bond between other students, faculty, and the community while improving our school. This summer I hope to involve myself in an internship program in the Los Angeles area to help me expand my  horizons in the broadcasting and entertainment industry. My favorite thing about Marymount has to be the great resources offered, including small class sizes and extraordinary faculty members. It is nice to attend a school where everyone is working to achieve separate goals, and together are living a college experience that they will remember for the rest of their lives. Being a mariner means taking advantage of every resource offered, and achieving goals that you may have not thought were possible before. This is why I am proud to be a Mariner.

Through elementary school and high school, Jessica and Raquel have known each other through girl scouts and have chosen to attend Marymount College together, and because of their strong and continuous friendship, have chosen to be house mates as well. They love their experience so far at Marymount college so far and are proud to be Mariners. View more Marymount Mariners

No comments:

Post a Comment