November 11, 2010

Freshman Student Honored for her Volunteerism

On November 4, the Daily Breeze newspaper presented its first Women of Distinction Awards. After receiving more than 160 nominations, the Daily Breeze and a panel of community leaders narrowed the field to 33 finalists in 11 categories. Marymount College freshman, Erica Fine, was selected as a finalist in the category of Young Woman of the Year.


Erica has spent more than 1,200 hours doing volunteer work while enrolled at Palos Verdes High School. Now a student at Marymount, she is involved in Marymount Opportunities for Volunteer Experience and is serving at the Boys & Girls Club of the Los Angeles Harbor helping after-school students with homework, play activities and sports. “I like to spend my time wisely, rather than doing something like watching TV. That doesn’t really help anyone. I mean it’s fine, but I like to see what my time benefits and what I can do with that time,” says Fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment